Monday, September 26, 2011

Family History Center

For the past two months I have been very interested in my own genealogy. There's this longing feeling to know my own family history. I found familysearch.org to be very useful, I found the marriage details of my great grandpa and great grandma there. Aside from the site, I learned about the Family History Center in front the Latter Day Saints / Mormons Temple near White Plains Subdivision Quezon City. This is where you go if you can't find it on the site, there are microfilms to help you find your ancestors. They have 4 microfilm viewers, and a separate scanner. They are open Tuesdays thru Saturdays, 7:30am to 4:00pm, but no microfilms on Saturdays.

If I can't find I'm looking for, I resort to NSO Certificate Delivery Service of Teleserv. The NSO Teleserv hotline is 737-1111. I have already transacted with them twice.The first one took about 4 working days, I called on a Friday and paid online with a credit card at the same time and supposed delivered on Thursday but I'm out so they came back the next morning. I called on a Sunday on the second time, and received it on Tuesday, which was fast. No matter how many certificates you order at the same time, it will still be the same price per certificate, php330 or more per certificate. You should have a valid ID when you're receiving the certificates. Their third party courier is 2GO by Aboitiz. I'm satisfied with the service.

I'm planning to go to the province to research more about my family.

0 comments: