Friday, April 29, 2011

AJ Perez at our Parish Church, Christ the King Green Meadows


I didn't know AJ Perez by name. Almost everybody who know how to search in Google may have searched about this teen idol, I'm one of them. I don't watch TV nowadays. I started to get curious when people in facebook and twitter started to post that he's dead on the night of Palm Sunday. Poor thing, he died young, younger than me. Sad. He's pretty I must say. I didn't know I knew him until I watched his Milo Commercial, which was pretty nostalgic for me. It's a nice commercial, very inspirational. I remember I was in college that time when the commercial started to show on TV.

I thought that he'll be cremated and be put in the Christ the King(CTK) Parish Crypt on Holy Tuesday. I though that was quick for a funeral. But I was wrong of course. He was just transferred from La Salle Greenhills to CTK. Our first church for our Visita Iglesia is Christ the King Parish Church at Green Meadows Quezon City on Maundy Thursday. Heavy traffic is not unusual on Maundy Thursday at CTK, but it was heavier this year, partly because of AJ. After the prayers we decided to see AJ. The line was short, it was quick. He was so pretty for a dead person. Arlington did a good job. He's like wax as quoted by an old excited lady who wishes to go back in line and see AJ again.

Francis Magalona's funeral services was also at the same chapel where AJ Perez was. I also had a chance to see Francis M as it was near our home. I guess they're holding it there because it's too far for the masses to commute at, less hassle for them. It's hard to commute around the area, if not for taxi or the dangerous and expensive habal-habal there's no transportation to go around there. Faces of celebrities even in death is amazing, that explains why they're being paid. Belo, Marie France, Calayan, Cathy Valencia are doing a good job making them different from what we commoners look like. Pacquiao's skin is getting better and better.

0 comments: